Find Out About Alcoholism Treatment According to data, adults resulting to more than 7% of the entire American population have alcohol addiction. They either drink too much alcohol or drink too often and in several ways which can easily harm the health. It is needless to say that addiction of any type can be quite
Find Out About Alcoholism Treatment
According to data, adults resulting to more than 7% of the entire American population have alcohol addiction. They either drink too much alcohol or drink too often and in several ways which can easily harm the health. It is needless to say that addiction of any type can be quite harmful for your happiness, relationships, and the peace for your family members. If you are addicted to alcohol then it is time for you to enter a proper treatment program like alcohol rehabs, wherein you will have counseling sessions, support work, and relapse prevention coaching which can work to help support your recovery process. It is also seen that the relapse rate for alcohol ranges from 40% to 60%, which proves that most of the people require to stick with the aftercare for the entire life.
Signs of Alcoholism
According to NCADD or National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence, there are some vital signs of alcoholism which can help you understand when a person is really addicted to alcohol.
- High tolerance to the various impacts of alcohol, which forces you to drink more in order to get a similar effect.
- Withdrawal symptoms between different bouts of drinking.
- Loss of control or count of how often or how much alcohol you consume.
- A wish to quit drinking but lack of enough will power to fulfil the wish.
- A complete focus on alcohol which may lead to neglect in family matters, job, and hobbies.
- Regular consumption of alcohol even after suffering from repeated problems associated with it.
Types of Alcoholics
To a layman, alcoholic may signify similar cases. However, to an expert, there are different types of alcoholics. These have been mentioned below.
- Young Adult Subtype: This group of alcoholics include young adults, who normally do not have any family histories concerning alcoholism and mental illnesses.
- Young Antisocial Subtype: This group also includes young adult drinkers, who usually have a family background of alcoholism. They also have past instances of mental illnesses along with addictions to various substances.
- Functional Subtype: This group of alcoholics include middle-aged people who are successful in life and have a stable job along with a supportive family. These people usually have a family history of alcoholism and close to a quarter of them have a history of depression.
- Intermediate Familial Subtype: This group of alcoholics include middle-aged people with a past family background of alcoholism along with a prior depressive situation or episode.
- Chronic Severe Subtype: This group also includes middle-aged people who have a family history of alcoholism, along with a family history of mental illness, and addictions to various other substances.
The primary symptom of alcoholism is the inability to avoid the urge of drinking. Although such people wish to change and stop drinking, they may feel a lack of will power to go ahead with their wishes. Such people require an intervention, which may prove to be an excellent approach. The sole purpose is to make such people become aware of alcoholism as a main problem in life and to motivate them with proper help to cease drinking.1 comment